Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a talented and prominent Nigerian actress. She is one of the leading Nigerian actors in Nigeria. In this article, I will be sharing 10 real facts about Omotola Jalade Ekeinde that will interest you:
1.Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a Nigerian actress, singer, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and former model.
- Omotola was born on 7th February 1978 in Lagos State. She is the only daughter of Mr. Oluwashola and Mrs. Oluwatoyin Jalade and has two other younger brothers; Tayo and Bolaji Jalade. Omotola Jalade originally hails from Ondo State but was born and brought in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Omotola had her primary school at both christened school, opebi and Oxford children School, later on she proceeded to both Santos Layout and CommandSecondarySchoolkaduna where she had her secondary education respectively. She also briefly studied at ObafemiAwolowUniversity before completing her studies at yaba college of technology, where she studied Estate Management.
- Omotola never had plans to act as her original ambition was to work in business management but accidentally she was introduced to acting by a friend which she accompanied for an audition.
- 5.Omotola’s acting career started in 1995 where she took the lead role in two Nigerian best movies then; Venom of Justice and Mortal inheritance. Ever since then, she has starred in several blockbuster movies including; Games women play, Bloodsisters, All my life, Last wedding, My story, and others.
- Omotola was one of the first Nigerian actors to receive her first cinematic movie role in the year 2010 film title “ije” which she co-starred with Genevive Nnaji. The movie was shot at locations in Jos, California, and Los Angeles. The Movie was the highest-grossing Nollywood film at the time.
- Aside from being an actress, Omotola is also a musician and has released a couple of music albums with the recent ones featuring International Stars like Bobby Valentino. She is also one of the first entertainers in Nigeria to launch a reality TV show called Omotola: TheRealMe
- In 2013, she was one of the 100 most influential people in the world to make it to Time Magazine alongside Michelle Obama and Kate Middleton.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is currently married to Captain Matthew Ekeinde who is a renowned pilot and aviation personality and the marriage is blessed with four children.
- Omotola Jalade has made outstanding achievements in the entertainment industry; particularly with Nigerian Movies. She has amassed over 40 local and international awards. Omotola is currently one of the richest and most influential actors in Nigeria today.